Probate records are a tremendous, though somewhat intimidating, source of genealogical information. Many family historians don’t realize that even poor ancestors may have left behind a probate file filled to the brim with valuable information. Popular genealogist and blogger Marian Pierre-Louis demystifies the process of finding and interpreting the probate records left behind by your ancestors.
- Date: Digital Recording Available (Download Here)
- Starting Time: On-Demand
- Length: 1 hour
- Price: $39.99 for individual video class or $59.99 for the complete Power Course Probing for Clues
- Presenter: Marian Pierre-Louis
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- What probate records are (and how to find them)
- Different types of probate records
- Information you’ll find in a typical probate record
- How to make it easier to access probate records
- Why probate records are critical to your genealogical success
- How to download the presentation and slides for future reference
This video class is part of the Power Course Probing for Clues: Using Probate Records to Find Your Ancestors, which is offered weekly.