In this course, you’ll discover secrets for busting through the brick walls that keep you from furthering your genealogical research. If you have ancestors who seem to have beamed down from outer space, this course is for you!
This one-week course is designed to help you quickly jump-start your work on the class topic. The course materials take about two hours to complete. This course is self-led and does not contain any graded exercises, but an instructor is available to answer any questions you have via the Discussion Board. In the time it takes to watch a movie, you’ll give your research skills a huge boost, and come away with new tools and techniques that you can use immediately.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Helpful tips and tricks for breaking through any brick wall related to US ancestors
- Resources and techniques to find an ancestor’s parents, an immigrant’s hometown, and a woman’s maiden name
- Professional genealogists’ methods for conquering research challenges
WHAT YOU’LL RECEIVE
- Two 60-minute video presentations on brick-wall research techniques using real-life examples
- A PDF guide to finding maiden names for female ancestors
- A 25% off coupon good for Family Tree University’s Reverse Genealogy course (a $25 value!)
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE:
- Genealogists with ancestors they haven’t been able to easily find
- Anyone with two hours to spare who wants to learn skills they can apply immediately
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- This course assumes you understand the basics principles of genealogy. The first course in the First Steps series, Discover Your Family Tree, is a helpful foundation if you’ve never done genealogical research before.