Our Power Courses are designed to give you an intense dose of learning on one topic. You’ll have one week to go through about two hours worth of course materials. In the time it takes to watch a movie, you’ll give your research skills a huge boost, and come away with new tools and techniques that you can use immediately to find more ancestors.
In this course, you’ll learn all about how to trace your immigrant ancestors, from their departure from the old country to their new life as US citizens.
$59.99 ($53.99 for VIP)
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- How to discover when your ancestors immigrated
- How to use key resources to find immigration records (with extensive coverage of Ancestry.com’s immigration records)
- How to find and use naturalization records
- How to find and use ships passenger lists and images of the actual ship your ancestor arrived on
WHAT YOU’LL RECEIVE
- A 60-minute video presentation on using online immigration records to trace your ancestor’s journey
- A 30-minute video presentation on using naturalization records
- A PDF guide to finding your images of your ancestors’ immigrant ships
- A PDF guide to searching immigration records on Ancestry.com
- A 25% off coupon good for Family Tree University’s Immigration Master Class (a $50 value!)
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE:
- Genealogists with immigrant ancestors
- Anyone with two hours to spare who wants to learn skills they can apply immediately
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- This course assumes you understand the basics principles of genealogy. The first course in the First Steps series, Discover Your Family Tree, is a helpful foundation if you’ve never done genealogical research before.