Our Power Courses are designed to give you an intense dose of learning on one topic. You’ll have one week to go through about two hours worth of course materials. In the time it takes to watch a movie, you’ll give your research skills a huge boost, and come away with new tools and techniques that you can use immediately to find more ancestors.
In this course, you’ll learn all about how to analyze, preserve, and care for your family photographs.
$59.99 ($53.99 for VIP)
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- How to analyze photos for clues to discover your family history
- How to scan photos and get the best possible results
- Tips to rescue worn, torn, scratched or faded images
- Free online photo editing tools you can use
- How to digitally remove mold from images
- How to work with damage to facial features
- Where to get help when you can’t do it yourself
WHAT YOU’LL RECEIVE
- A 30-minute video presentation on amateur photo restoration
- A 60-minute video presentation on using photo retouching techniques to bring your old family pictures back to life
- A 55-page PDF of Photo Detective Maureen A. Taylor’s best tips for identifying mystery family photos
- A 25% off coupon good for Family Tree University’s Organize Your Photos course (a $25 value!)
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE:
- Genealogists who want to unlock family research clues in their family photos
- Anyone with old photos in need of care and preservation
- Anyone with two hours to spare who wants to learn skills they can apply immediately
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- This course assumes you understand the basics principles of genealogy. The first course in the First Steps series, Discover Your Family Tree, is a helpful foundation if you’ve never done genealogical research before.