Can you remember a time before the internet became a genealogist’s best friend? It’s hard to even comprehend the amount of time and effort the web saves us. And while physical research in archives, libraries and courthouses will always serve a purpose, most of our research these days starts online. When it comes to online military records, a lot has changed in the past few years, including the evolution of Footnote into the military-focused collections of Fold3.com. From the Civil War to World War I, this webinar will teach you how to be search-savvy when it comes to seeking your veteran ancestors. This webinar includes a free PDF copy of the article “Operation Online Records.” Plus, submit information about an ancestor whose military record you’d like to find—we’ll feature attendees’ ancestors in our live demonstrations.
Date: Thursday, Oct. 18
Starting Time: 8pm ET/7pm CT/6pm MT/5pm PT
Presenter: David A. Fryxell
Duration: 1 hour
Price: $49.99 ($39.99 early bird)
Special Offer: If you register for 10/15 FTU course US Military Records, then you’ll receive $20 off of this webinar!
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- How to track ancestors through draft registrations, even if they never served in the military
- Best websites for Revolutionary War service records, land bounties and DAR records
- How to find Civil War ancestors’ units and download service records
- Where to search Civil War and other pension records
- How to unlock the secrets in World War I draft registrations
- Websites where you can identify veterans’ burial sites
- Tricks to navigate Fold3.com