Make the most of free online genealogy databases and tools! In just one week, Family Tree University’s One-Week Workshop: Using Free Genealogy Websites will teach you the secrets to glean more ancestral information from free sites and databases, search the web more effectively and take advantage of fantastic free tools you’re not already using. The event includes nine pre-recorded video classes—with on-screen demos of the recommended sites and strategies—plus daily message-board discussions to ask questions, swap ideas and connect with other students and staff.
Like all FTU courses, you make your own schedule, so you can log in and participate anytime that’s convenient to you! Watch one class per day or cram it all in over a long weekend—you’ll be able to immediately apply what you’ve learned to your online research.
DATES: November 30-December 7, 2012
TUITION: $129.99 ($94.99 with early bird coupon WORKSHOPEARLY. Expires 11/16.)
DETAILS: See the workshop program page for a complete lineup of class topics.
The Using Free Genealogy Websites workshop features nine video classes, including encore presentations of some of our best sessions from Family Tree University Virtual Conferences. If you haven’t attended all of our Virtual Conferences, this event is a great way to catch up on great classes you missed—plus get involved with the message board discussions happening over the course of the week.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Nine 30- to 60-minute video classes on free genealogy websites for one low price (50% off the cost of purchasing the individual classes, plus the added benefit of the chats and discussions)
- Unlimited viewing: Your all-access pass gets you into all eight classes all week —you can even download the videos to watch again later or view ones you missed!
- Make your own schedule: Because the classes are pre-recorded, you don’t have to show up at a specific time to catch the ones you want—or choose between sessions you’re interested in.
- Message board discussions: Ask questions and share ideas to apply the research strategies you learn.
- Convenience: Log in anywhere you can connect to the internet, at whatever times work for you.