Whether it’s piles of papers in your home office or frivolously-placed files and folders on your computer desktop, organization often goes by the wayside for the busy family researcher. Take the time to get your genealogy in order–Family Tree University’s One-Week Workshop: Organize Your Genealogy will teach you expert tips and tricks for better managing the fruits of your hard work. Learn how to archive family keepsakes and heirlooms, effectively arrange your data, paper and digital files, as well as how to keep an orderly research log. The event includes six pre-recorded video classes—with on-screen demos of the recommended sites and strategies—excerpts from our popular Organize Your Genealogy course, plus daily message-board discussions to ask questions, swap ideas and connect with other students and staff. Denise May Levenick, organization expert and author of How To Archive Your Family Keepsakes, will even be on hand one day to provide consultation and answer your questions.
Like all FTU courses, you make your own schedule, so you can log in and participate anytime that’s convenient to you! Watch one class per day or cram it all in over a long weekend—you’ll be able to immediately apply what you’ve learned to your online research.
The Organize Your Genealogy workshop features excerpts from our FTU ‘Organize Your Genealogy’ course, along with six video classes, including encore presentations of some of our best sessions from Family Tree University Virtual Conferences. If you haven’t attended all of our Virtual Conferences, this event is a great way to catch up on great classes you missed—plus get involved with the message board discussions happening over the course of the week.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Six 30- to 60-minute video classes on organizing genealogy for one low price
- Two lessons, complete with supplementary readings and DIY exercises, from our ‘Organize Your Genealogy’ course
- Have your organization questions and quandaries addressed by expert Denise May Levenick
- Unlimited viewing: Your all-access pass gets you into the workshop all week—you can even download the videos to watch again later or view ones you missed!
- Make your own schedule: Because the classes are pre-recorded, you don’t have to show up at a specific time to catch the ones you want—or choose between sessions you’re interested in.
- Message board discussions: Ask questions and share ideas to apply the research strategies you learn.
- Convenience: Log in anywhere you can connect to the internet, at whatever times work for you.