YOU’LL LOVE THIS IF:
- You’re beginning to trace your Ohio genealogy
- You’ve come to a brick wall in your Ohio family research and need some fresh ideas
- You have ancestors from Cincinnati or Cleveland and want tips specific to those cities
Whether your ancestor manned a French trading post, was an Adena tribesman or a Northwest Territory settler, this class will serve to answer your Ohio genealogy quandaries. Both newcomers to Ohio and seasoned veterans will discover helpful tools, sources and strategies to find their Buckeye State ancestors.
Family Tree University Power Courses are designed to provide a concentrated dose of genealogy education on a single topic. Students have a week to go through approximately two hours of course material. In the time it takes to cook a pot roast, you’ll boost your research and leave with new tips and tricks to help you find your ancestors. This course is self-led and does not contain any graded exercises, but instructors are available to answer any and every question you may post on the Discussion Board.
COURSE BEGINS: View upcoming course schedule for dates
COURSE LENGTH: One week
TUITION: $39.99 ($35.99 for VIP)
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- Essential Ohio history, a breakdown of ethnic groups and online search tips
- Top records sources for Ohio family research, fast facts and key resources
- A breakdown of Ohio counties, record highlights, research tips and general resources
- Cleveland and Cincinnati genealogy essentials, such as the Hamilton County Genealogical Society and Cuyahoga County Archives
WHAT YOU’LL RECEIVE:
- A one-hour video presentation on Ohio genealogy records and research strategies
- A quick-reference PDF guide explaining Ohio genealogy how-tos, fast facts, key websites and resources and a timeline of Ohio history
- A in-depth PDF guide with a historical overview, record highlights, reference map with county boundaries, bibliography of Ohio state resources and directory of archives, libraries and societies—plus a breakdown of what records are available in each county and where to get them
- PDF city guides of Cleveland and Cincinnati that document key websites, resources and research strategies
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- This Power Course assumes you understand the basics principles of genealogy. The first course in our First Steps series–Discover Your Family Tree–will provide a helpful foundation for genealogy beginners.