Our Power Courses are designed to give you an intense dose of learning on one topic. You’ll have one week to go through about two hours worth of course materials. In the time it takes to watch a movie, you’ll give your research skills a huge boost, and come away with new tools and techniques that you can use immediately to find more ancestors.
In this course, you’ll learn all about how to use probate records to find your ancestors. Probate records are a tremendous source of genealogical information. Some family historians find them a little intimidating, though, and any don’t realize that even poor ancestors may have left behind a probate file chock-full of valuable information.
$59.99 ($53.99 for VIP)
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- What probate records are (and how to find them)
- Different types of probate records
- Information you’ll find in a typical probate record
- How to make it easier to access probate records
- Why probate records are critical to your genealogical success
WHAT YOU’LL RECEIVE
- A one-hour video presentation on using using probate records
- A one-hour video case study that walks you through an actual probate record so you can see each document and learn what each one means
- A PDF guide to the six things you need to know about using wills and probate records
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE:
- Anyone with ancestors who may have left probate records behind
- Genealogists who are looking to build beyond-the-basics research skills
- Anyone with two hours to spare who wants to learn skills they can apply immediately
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- This course assumes you understand the basics principles of genealogy. The first course in the First Steps series, Discover Your Family Tree, is a helpful foundation if you’ve never done genealogical research before.