YOU’LL LOVE THIS IF:
- You have California roots but don’t know where to start your research
- You’re approaching a brick wall in your California genealogy and need some new tips and tricks
- You have ancestors from big cities like L.A. or San Francisco
Whether your ancestor was a Spanish missionary, cattle rancher or headed west for the California Gold Rush, then this course on rooting out your California relatives is for you. Both newcomers to California genealogy and seasoned veterans will discover helpful tools, sources and strategies to find their Golden State ancestors.
Family Tree University Power Courses are designed to provide a concentrated dose of genealogy education on a single topic. Students have a week to go through approximately two hours of course material. In less time than it would take to drive 30 miles in rush hour on the 405, you’ll boost your research and leave with new tips and tricks to help you find your ancestors. This course is self-led and does not contain any graded exercises, but instructors are available to answer any and every question you may post on the Discussion Board.
$39.99 ($35.99 for VIP)
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Brief history of California; review of immigration, ethnic, and other records; unique repositories and top websites
- Where to find California vital, military and land records and what is available
- A breakdown of California counties, information on immigration records, probate records, historical maps and additional resources
- How to trace your roots in Los Angeles and San Francisco
WHAT YOU’LL RECEIVE
- A one-hour California Genealogy Crash Course video
- A California Genealogy Guide PDF guide explaining how-tos, fast facts, key websites and resources, and a timeline of Texas history
- A in-depth PDF Sourcebook with a historical overview, record highlights, reference map with county boundaries, bibliography of California state resources and directory of archives, libraries and societies—plus a breakdown of what records are available in each county and where to get them
- PDF city guide of Los Angeles and San Francisco that documents key websites, resources and research strategies
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- This course assumes you understand the basics principles of genealogy and have done some investigation into your family history. If you are a total beginner, consider taking the Discover Your Family Tree course before enrolling in this class.