In this course, you’ll learn all about how to trace your immigrant ancestors, from their departure from the old country to their new life as US citizens.
This one-week course is designed to help you quickly jump-start your work on the class topic. The course materials take about two hours to complete. This course is self-led and does not contain any graded exercises, but an instructor is available to answer any questions you have via the Discussion Board. In the time it takes to watch a movie, you’ll give your research skills a huge boost, and come away with new tools and techniques that you can use immediately.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- How to discover when your ancestors immigrated
- How to use key resources to find immigration records (with extensive coverage of Ancestry.com’s immigration records)
- How to find and use naturalization records
- How to find and use ships passenger lists and images of the actual ship your ancestor arrived on
WHAT YOU’LL RECEIVE
- A 60-minute video presentation on using online immigration records to trace your ancestor’s journey
- A 30-minute video presentation on using naturalization records
- A PDF guide to finding your images of your ancestors’ immigrant ships
- A PDF guide to searching immigration records on Ancestry.com
- A 25% off coupon good for Family Tree University’s Immigration Master Class (a $50 value!)
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE:
- Genealogists with immigrant ancestors
- Anyone with two hours to spare who wants to learn skills they can apply immediately
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- This course assumes you understand the basics principles of genealogy. The first course in the First Steps series, Discover Your Family Tree, is a helpful foundation if you’ve never done genealogical research before.