Whether your ancestors were kings of the Kentucky Derby or bourbon barons, the Bluegrass State offers a wealth of aged-to-perfection history for genealogists to explore. Kentucky was one of the first states to form after the American Revolution, and is sandwiched between seven other states, making it a gateway to the west for travelers, settlers and immigrants. Renowned genealogist and Kentucky records expert J. Mark Lowe shares his special tips and techniques for finding your Kentuckian roots. This webinar comes with a free copy of our Kentucky Research Guide.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Essential Kentucky history, from Daniel Boone to the Civil War
- Find information on military warrants and land grants
- How to understand Kentucky boundaries and the way they changed
- Using road lists, marriage bonds and other essential records
- How to download the presentation and slides for future reference
- Top online resources for Kentucky family research