In this course, you’ll learn all about how to analyze, preserve, and care for your family photographs.
This one-week course is designed to help you quickly jump-start your work on the class topic. The course materials take about two hours to complete. This course is self-led and does not contain any graded exercises, but an instructor is available to answer any questions you have via the Discussion Board. In the time it takes to watch a movie, you’ll give your research skills a huge boost, and come away with new tools and techniques that you can use immediately.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- How to analyze photos for clues to discover your family history
- How to scan photos and get the best possible results
- Tips to rescue worn, torn, scratched or faded images
- Free online photo editing tools you can use
- How to digitally remove mold from images
- How to work with damage to facial features
- Where to get help when you can’t do it yourself
WHAT YOU’LL RECEIVE
- A 30-minute video presentation on amateur photo restoration
- A 60-minute video presentation on using photo retouching techniques to bring your old family pictures back to life
- A 55-page PDF of Photo Detective Maureen A. Taylor’s best tips for identifying mystery family photos
- A 25% off coupon good for Family Tree University’s Organize Your Photos course (a $25 value!)
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE:
- Genealogists who want to unlock family research clues in their family photos
- Anyone with old photos in need of care and preservation
- Anyone with two hours to spare who wants to learn skills they can apply immediately
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- This course assumes you understand the basics principles of genealogy. The first course in the First Steps series, Discover Your Family Tree, is a helpful foundation if you’ve never done genealogical research before.