Every family historian has at least one: an ancestor that seems just impossible to trace. Whether you can’t find that elusive maiden name, your great-grandfather seems to disappear from all vital records, or your third-great-grandmother is one of seventy Sally Smiths in the Boston metro area during the mid-1800s, brick wall problems are bound to abound in your research. But when those obstacles may seem insurmountable, we’re here to provide hope–Family Tree University’s Genealogy Brick Wall Busters workshop. From cluster and collateral searching, to sites and strategies for finding female ancestors, to organizing your inquiry with a complete case file, you’ll learn the top tricks and tips used by genealogy experts to bulldoze brick walls on a daily basis. Submit your brick wall upon registration, and we’ll have an expert review your problem and provide personalized research advice right on the message board, where you can also get input from fellow attendees!
Like all FTU courses, you make your own schedule, so you can log in and participate anytime that’s convenient to you! Watch one class per day or cram it all in over a long weekend—you’ll be able to immediately apply what you’ve learned to your online research.
PLUS: Register now and you’ll receive a free copy of the ebook 101 Brick Wall Busters.
$129.99 ($94.99 with early bird coupon WORKSHOPEARLY. Expires 4/5.)
See the workshop program page for a complete lineup of class topics.
The Genealogy Brick Wall Busters workshop features eight video classes, including encore presentations of some of our best webinars and sessions from Family Tree University Virtual Conferences. If you haven’t attended all of our Virtual Conferences or webinars, this event is a great way to catch up on great classes you missed—plus get involved with the message board discussions happening over the course of the week.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Eight 30- to 60-minute video classes on brick wall-busting strategies for one low price
- 101 Brick Wall Busters ebook provided in an email immediately after you register.
- Get advice from an expert on your brick wall, and work on your problem with fellow participants.
- Ability to learn from fellow genealogists’ real-life brick wall stumpers.
- Unlimited viewing: Your all-access pass gets you into the workshop all week—you can even download the videos to watch again later or view ones you missed!
- Make your own schedule: Because the classes are pre-recorded, you don’t have to show up at a specific time to catch the ones you want—or choose between sessions you’re interested in.
- Message board discussions: Ask questions and share ideas to apply the research strategies you learn.
- Convenience: Log in anywhere you can connect to the internet, at whatever times work for you.