Czech and Slovak Genealogy 101
Researchers with Czech or Slovak roots often battle certain brick walls—do surname issues, border changes and language troubles sound all too familiar to you? Lisa A. Alzo, a specialist in Eastern European genealogy, will show you tools and tricks for tracking down those hard-to-find ancestors from the Austro-Hungarian Empire and Czechoslovakia.
- How to locate immigration and emigration documents
- Key Slovak and Czech history, including the significance of the Austro-Hungarian Empire
- Czech and Slovak surname and given name patterns that will help you trace your family
- How to locate your ancestral village
- Records and strategies for finding your ancestors in the old country