When Pilgrims settled New England in the 17th century, they deemed it ‘vacant soyle’ because of its pristine forests, pastures and planting grounds. Today, Connecticut–a staple of New England nomenclature–is among the most densely populated states in the Union. Whether your ancestor lived in the Dutch colony of New Netherland or an English crown colony, find your answers in this crash course on The Constitute State. Nationally renowned speaker and ‘Who Do You Think You Are’ personality D. Joshua Taylor will provide you with his tips, tricks and techniques for digging into Connecticut genealogy. This webinar comes with two free downloads: a copy of our Connecticut State Guide and our New Haven City Guide.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
• Connecticut history, from Puritan settlements to the Civil War
• What’s available and where to find Connecticut vital records
• Strategies for tracing Dutch, English, Italian, Irish and other ethnic ancestors in Connecticut
• Top websites for Connecticut research
• Best resources for Connecticut genealogy, including libraries, archives and museums